Manuscript Writing Service
International Journal of Surgery Science
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal
International Journal of Surgery Science
Vol. 4, Issue 1, Part D (2020)

To compare neck and shoulder morbidity and effectivity in Tunneled pmmc flaps vs exteriorised pmmc flaps in head neck Oncosurgeries

Author(s): Dr. Sonia Moses, Dr. Sachin Verma, Dr. Fareed Khan, Dr. Shashi Shankar Sharma, Dr. Soumya Agrawal and Dr. RK Mathur
Abstract:
Method: Patients undergoing PMMC flap reconstruction following head and neck cancer resection will be enrolled as per inclusion criteria excluding the others. Explaining the patient information sheet in vernacular language and obtaining the written informed consent for purpose of study.
Result: The age distribution of patients according to their age groups. Higher 53.3% of them belongs to age group 41-50 Years whereas remaining 46.7% falls under 51-60 Years. The Sex distribution of patients according to which 73% are males and 27% are females. Quick Dash score was compared here for post op 1 and 3 month in exteriorized and tunneled pmmc flaps, post op 1 month mean quick dash score was found to be 47, out of 15 exteriorised flaps 3 showed score more than 47 and 12 less than 47. While 12 tunneled flaps had a score more than 47 and 3 were less than 47. Quick Dash score was compared here for post op 1 and 3 month in exteriorized and tunneled pmmc flaps, post op 1 month mean quick dash score was found to be 47, out of 15 exteriorised flaps 3 showed score more than 47 and 12 less than 47. While 12 tunneled flaps had a score more than 47 and 3 were less than 47. At 3 months mean score was 45.5 of which 15 exteriorised flaps showed a score less than 45.5 and 15 tunneled flaps had a score more than 45.5. P value was found to be 0.000 which is significant.
Conclusion: Shoulder and neck disability are less after exteriorized PMMC flap reconstruction when compared with tunneled PMMC flap reconstruction after head and neck onco surgeries.
Pages: 191-193  |  788 Views  111 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Dr. Sonia Moses, Dr. Sachin Verma, Dr. Fareed Khan, Dr. Shashi Shankar Sharma, Dr. Soumya Agrawal, Dr. RK Mathur. To compare neck and shoulder morbidity and effectivity in Tunneled pmmc flaps vs exteriorised pmmc flaps in head neck Oncosurgeries. Int J Surg Sci 2020;4(1):191-193. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33545/surgery.2020.v4.i1d.332
International Journal of Surgery Science