Manuscript Writing Service
International Journal of Surgery Science
Printed Journal   |   Indexed Journal   |   Refereed Journal   |   Peer Reviewed Journal
International Journal of Surgery Science
Vol. 5, Issue 2, Part D (2021)

A study on clinical profile of patients with inguinal hernia

Author(s): Dr. Santhosh Urs KS and Dr. Kavana D Rao
Abstract: Prevalence of inguinal hernia differs around the globe. It is likely to be caused by variations in population age structure, access to surgical care, and risk of death from hernia accident. The global mortality from inguinal hernia is significant, a more than 40,000 people die from hernia and its complications each year. Patients with clinical evidence of inguinal hernia were admitted and were subjected to full history and examination, routine investigations like complete blood count, blood sugar level, serum creatinine, chest X-ray, ECG etc. 50% of the cases enrolled in this study presented with a swelling within a duration of 1 to 6 months of its onset. Around 23% came within 6 to 12 months and around 17% presented after 1 year of the onset of swelling. 71.67% of the total cases in the study were indirect inguinal hernias, whereas the remaining 28.33% were direct ones.
Pages: 201-203  |  185 Views  82 Downloads
How to cite this article:
Dr. Santhosh Urs KS, Dr. Kavana D Rao. A study on clinical profile of patients with inguinal hernia. Int J Surg Sci 2021;5(2):201-203. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33545/surgery.2021.v5.i2d.686
International Journal of Surgery Science