Introduction: Chronic pain abdomen in children is a common problem. Most of them believe chronic pain abdomen in functional and they could not find any metabolic, anatomic, infectious, inflammatory, or neo-plastic disorders in huge majority of children. Chronic constipation is the cause of pain abdomen proposed by few.
Aims and Objectives: The present study is about chronic constipation is the most cause of chronic pain abdomen and is confirmed by the relief of chronic constipation and chronic pain abdomen in children after left lateral internal anal sphincterotomy.
Material and Methods: The present study was a prospective study of the patients who underwent left lateral internal anal sphincterotomy during 2 years study period. Patients who met the inclusion criteria are included in the study.
Results: In study of 23 children with CAP 56.5% are males and the remaining 43.5% are females. CAP Is less than 1 year in 47.8% of these children and 87% children have CAP since 5 years. In our study of 23 children with CAP 18 children had fissure in ano, among them 44.44% are males and 55.55% are females. In our study of 23 children 12 children having abdominal tenderness among them 58.33% are males and 41.66% are females.
Conclusion: The study concludes that the most common cause of chronic pain abdomen in children is constipation secondary to painful anal problems and left lateral anal sphincterotomy is an effective procedure in relieving chronic pain abdomen in children by relieving constipation with low recurrence rates of pain abdomen.